Short-Term Disability Insurance
Bills and everyday needs don't stop because someone can't work. An accident or illness can endanger an individual's most important asset: the ability to earn a living. Our Short-Term Disability (STD) plans pay benefits when sickness or injury prevents you from working full time. We offer STD programs tailored to meet the needs and cost expectations of both employers and employees.
Employer-Sponsored Group Plans & Voluntary Group Plans
- Primas a precio módico
- Evidence of Insurability not required on most plans
- Coverage for disabilities caused by accidents, illnesses and pregnancy
- Benefits paid for Total or Partial Disability
- Seamless claim transition from STD to LTD
- Online claims submission
My Benefits – Online Member Solution for Disability Claims
Submit and manage your disability claims online through My Benefits, our self-service tool.
- Submit a new Short-Term Disability claim
- Link to existing disability claims
- Access and review your claim documents
- Upload supporting documents
- Track the status of your disability claims
- Review your payment history
Absence Management Services
Managing a medical leave of absence can be challenging for both employers and employees.
That's why we've combined our disability products with FMLASource's expertise and experience to offer Absence Management Services. These services provide easy integration of our Short-Term Disability (STD) insurance and FMLA-related leaves.
The intake process for FMLA and STD can be started online or with a single phone call. Intake specialists manage cases from start to finish by:
- Determining eligibility for STD and FMLA
- Tracking FMLA absences concurrently with STD duration
- Administering and managing return-to-work
- Documenting compliance with state and federal requirements
Contact your sales rep to learn how we can help meet your insurance needs.
Seguros ofrecidos por Dearborn Life Insurance Company, 701 E. 22nd St. Suite 300, Lombard, IL 60148. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is the trade name of Dearborn Life Insurance Company, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD® y los símbolos de la Cruz y el Escudo son marcas de servicio registradas de Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, una asociación de coberturas independientes de Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
FMLASource® is offered and administered by ComPsych® Corporation. ComPsych® Corporation es una organización independiente que no proporciona productos o servicios de BCBSOK ni de Dearborn Life Insurance Company. ComPsych® Corporation is solely responsible for the products and services described in this flier.